Taking the day off and going sailing!
Today I learnt:
- That I can actually run at a respectable speed! (When the finish line of the regatta is about 100m away from the edge of the dam, you learn to sprint very quickly!)
- A Dart 18 sails upwind quicker than a fleet of Hobie 16’s. (Oh yeah!) (Note: Fleet is used in a pretty loose sense of the word. It was probably only five or six of them.)
- Said fleet of Hobie 16’s sail downwind waaay faster than me on my Dart. (This is probably due to me not knowing how to sail downwind though. After all, we all know that Darts are perfect…)
- I need to work on my regatta sailing tactics. (Because as soon as I need to so anything more complicated than sail in a straight line and back again, I get lost.)
- Trapezing really exercises your hamstring muscles. (Yes, I am feeling the pain right now. Yes, I am also nerdy enough to name them: Semitendinosus, Semimembranosus and Biceps femoris.)
- When you are stressed about Head and Neck anatomy, sunsets are balm to the soul.