I looked at the date of my last post and realised that if I waited another four days, then I would have been absent from this blog for a month exactly.
Which would be a pity.
So here I am. Yup, li’l ole me and my jumbled thoughts! (Don’t say you haven’t been warned.)
1. On Friday I will no longer be a second year medical student. I also won’t really be a third year yet. When I was a Brownie we used to call the transition stage “being a Tweenie.” That is, in this case, ‘tween not being a 3rd year and being a 3rd year. Holidays begin on Friday. I’m going to get a (holiday) job.
2. The last two weeks felt like the holidays had already started. Two weeks organised by the department of family medicine. It was pretty chilled.
3. Unfortunately, this last week of second year is not organised by said department of family medicine. We’ll be doing Pharmacology. Even worse, for some weird reason, this week’s marks count for a block in fifth year. No one knows why… We are all simply miserably conscious of the fact that this week will come back to bite us in the ass at some point in the distant future.
4. My brain hasn’t picked up on the fact that it should have switched on again by this point. It’s still in hibernation.
5. I went sailing today. There wasn’t much wind, but it was lovely and relaxing. My little sister did all the hard work – steering and trying to figure out where the wind was – while I lazily dangled my feet in the water or took a snooze. And she was fine with that arrangement… (At least, I think she was!)
6. I made a quilt in the two weeks of family medicine chilledness. When I can find some batteries that work, I will take pictures and show you the magnificence. It makes me happy every time I look at the quilt. *Insert satisfied grin here*
8. The Nanowrimo website resets tomorrow!!! *Insert super-excited face here!*